Create a report in SolarWinds NTA
Before creating a new report, look at the predefined reports. Consider whether you can use a predefined report, adjusting certain properties or the time frame.
For detailed information about creating reports in the Orion Web Console, see Create and view reports in the NPM online documentation for more information.
- Click Reports > All Reports.
- Click Manage Reports.
- Decide whether to copy and edit a predefined report, or create a new report.
- To adjust an existing report, select the report, and click Duplicate & Edit.
- To create a new report, click Create New Report.
- Click Custom Table. SolarWinds NTA does not support Custom Chart.
- Click Select and Continue.
- Select a NetFlow object to report on.
- Click Add to Layout.
- Define what the custom table should show in the resulting report. Select properties and sorting of items:
- Add columns.
- To edit information provided by individual columns, click Advanced in the column.
- Define sorting of items in the report with Sort Results By.
- Define grouping of data with Group Results By.
- To limit the number of items on the report, use the Filter Number of Results section.
- Time-Based Settings allows you to change the Sample Interval used for filtering or summarizing data by time period. The defined table must contain at least one column with historical data so that you can filter the data. This is why the Timestamp column is automatically added. The column is hidden by default, as indicated by the icon.
- Click Preview Resource, review the preview, and click OK.
- Click Submit.
- Complete the Add Report wizard, clicking Next between each step.
- Define the layout: header, content, and footer.
- Preview the report.
- Enter report properties: description, category, custom properties, or limitation.
- Schedule the report, if desired.
- Click Submit.