Release date: July 15, 2021
These release notes describe the new features, improvements, and fixed issues in Network Operations Manager 2020.2.6. They also provide information about upgrades and describe workarounds for known issues.
If you are looking for previous release notes for Network Operations Manager, see Previous Version documentation.
New features and improvements in NOM
NOM 2020.2.6 offers new features and improvements compared to previous NOM releases.
Orion account improvements
- Improved account password policy
- Removed guest account
- User lockout for repeated failed log in attempts
- New options for Syslog forwarding
- Redesigned trap forwarding action
- Improved Orion Log Viewer
- New custom properties management interface
- Account Limitation Builder replaces the stand-alone application
New Orion Platform features and improvements
The Orion Platform 2020.2.6 offers new features and improvements compared to previous Orion Platform releases.
New customer installation
For information about installing Network Operations Manager, see the SolarWinds Orion Installer.
New customer installation
Network Operations Manager consists of the following components:
- NPM 2020.2.6 | Release Notes
- NTA 2020.2.6 | Release Notes
- UDT 2020.2.6 | Release Notes
- VNQM 2020.2.6 | Release Notes
For information about installing NOM, see the SolarWinds Orion Installer.
Before you upgrade!
Windows OS 2008 and 2008 R2 and Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 and Windows Server 2012 and 2012 R2 are no longer supported in products using Orion Platform 2018.4 or later. You must upgrade to Windows Server 2016 to use products running on Orion Platform 2018.4 or later.
- Do you have older, legacy Orion product versions in your environment? The Orion Installer provides a full upgrade path for legacy products. For older products, follow the upgrade path in order, downloading and installing using the links.
- If you have written your own code, such as changing SolarWinds .css files or adding .js files, it may be overwritten with the upgrade. You can learn more about custom code in this article.
How to upgrade
If you are upgrading from NOM 2017.3 or later, use the SolarWinds Orion Installer to upgrade one or more Orion Platform products simultaneously.
If you are upgrading from an earlier version, use this guide to plan and implement an upgrade to NOM 2017.3. Then use the SolarWinds Orion Installer to complete the upgrade.
Fixed issues in Orion Platform 2020.2.6
© 2021 SolarWinds Worldwide, LLC. All rights reserved.
This document may not be reproduced by any means nor modified, decompiled, disassembled, published or distributed, in whole or in part, or translated to any electronic medium or other means without the prior written consent of SolarWinds. All right, title, and interest in and to the software, services, and documentation are and shall remain the exclusive property of SolarWinds, its affiliates, and/or its respective licensors.
SOLARWINDS DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, CONDITIONS, OR OTHER TERMS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, ON THE DOCUMENTATION, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION NONINFRINGEMENT, ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, OR USEFULNESS OF ANY INFORMATION CONTAINED HEREIN. IN NO EVENT SHALL SOLARWINDS, ITS SUPPLIERS, NOR ITS LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, WHETHER ARISING IN TORT, CONTRACT OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, EVEN IF SOLARWINDS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
The SolarWinds, SolarWinds & Design, Orion, and THWACK trademarks are the exclusive property of SolarWinds Worldwide, LLC or its affiliates, are registered with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, and may be registered or pending registration in other countries. All other SolarWinds trademarks, service marks, and logos may be common law marks or are registered or pending registration. All other trademarks mentioned herein are used for identification purposes only and are trademarks of (and may be registered trademarks) of their respective companies.