Network Operations Manager 2018.4 Release Notes
Release date: December 4, 2018
These release notes describe the new features, improvements, and fixed issues in Network Operations Manager 2018.4. They also provide information about upgrades and installation.
NOTICE FOR ORION ADMINISTRATORS
When you upgrade to this 2018.4 release, you will see an Evaluation banner in the Orion Web Interface. Your normal commercial module licenses will also be hidden in the Orion Web based license manager. After the 30 day evaluation period has ended, your commercial licenses will be visible in the license manager and the evaluation banner will disappear without any interruption in service.
Do not select the checkbox next to Network Operations Manager - Evaluation. Just click Add License in the License Manager.
Network Operations Manager consists of the following components:
New customer installation
For information about installing Network Operations Manager see the SolarWinds Orion Installer.
Before you upgrade!
Windows OS 2008 and 2008 R2 and Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 and Windows Server 2012 and 2012 R2 are no longer supported in products using Orion Platform 2018.4. You must upgrade to Windows Server 2016 to use products running on Orion Platform 2018.4.
- Do you have older, legacy Orion product versions in your environment? The Orion Installer provides a full upgrade path for legacy products. For older products, follow the upgrade path in order, downloading and installing using the links.
- If you have written your own code, such as changing SolarWinds .css files or adding .js files, it may be overwritten with the upgrade. You can learn more about custom code in this article.
How to upgrade
If you are upgrading from NOM 2017.3 or later, use the SolarWinds Orion Installer to upgrade one or more Orion Platform products simultaneously.
If you are upgrading from an earlier version, use this guide to plan and implement an upgrade to NOM 2017.3. Then use the SolarWinds Orion Installer to complete the upgrade.
Orion Platform 2018.4 new features and improvements
- Automatically upgrade additional polling engines, additional web servers, and High Availability servers directly from the Orion Web Console. Upgrades run in parallel, dramatically reducing the time required to upgrade large deployments.
Authenticate users with the SAML protocol
- Users can log in to the Orion Web Console using Okta or Active Directory Federation Service credentials.
Performance Analysis upgrades
- PerfStack can transform line data to show different values instead of raw data.
Orion Deployment Health updates
- Orion Diagnostics on the Web: Collect diagnostics from your polling engines directly from the Orion Web Console.
- Access your deployment health directly from Settings.
- Legacy charts and classic charts are being replaced by new generation modern charts.
- Open a Performance Analysis dashboard for a mapped entity directly from Orion Maps.
© 2018 SolarWinds Worldwide, LLC. All rights reserved. This document may not be reproduced by any means nor modified, decompiled, disassembled, published or distributed, in whole or in part, or translated to any electronic medium or other means without the prior written consent of SolarWinds. All right, title, and interest in and to the software, services, and documentation are and shall remain the exclusive property of SolarWinds, its affiliates, and/or its respective licensors.
SOLARWINDS DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, CONDITIONS, OR OTHER TERMS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, ON THE DOCUMENTATION, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION NONINFRINGEMENT, ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, OR USEFULNESS OF ANY INFORMATION CONTAINED HEREIN. IN NO EVENT SHALL SOLARWINDS, ITS SUPPLIERS, NOR ITS LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, WHETHER ARISING IN TORT, CONTRACT OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, EVEN IF SOLARWINDS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
The SolarWinds, SolarWinds & Design, Orion, and THWACK trademarks are the exclusive property of SolarWinds Worldwide, LLC or its affiliates, are registered with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, and may be registered or pending registration in other countries. All other SolarWinds trademarks, service marks, and logos may be common law marks or are registered or pending registration. All other trademarks mentioned herein are used for identification purposes only and are trademarks of (and may be registered trademarks) of their respective companies.