Specify NCM configuration archive settings
Network Configuration Manager stores downloaded configurations in the Orion Platform database. It can also store a copy of them in the configuration archive directory.
By default, archiving is enabled and the directory for the config archive is
%PROGRAMDATA%\SolarWinds\NCM\Config-Archive\. To prepare for a growing archive, SolarWinds recommends moving the config archive to a different location outside of the SolarWinds installation folder. You can specify a local directory or a network storage location as the config archive.
You can also specify naming patterns and limit the number of configuration versions to archive.
- Log in to the Orion Web Console as an administrator.
- Click Settings > All Settings.
- Under Product Specific Settings, click NCM Settings.
Under Config Settings, click Config Settings.
Archive settings are in the Config Archive section.
- To enable archiving, select Save a copy of each config into the archive directory.
- If you are low on storage space and only need the last and current configs, select When configs are edited, only retain the last version.
- For the Orion server and each additional polling engine:
Specify the path of the directory to store configs.
If the config archive will be on a network storage location instead of a local directory, specify credentials to give NCM write access to the network share.
Specify the template you want to use for naming the configuration files.
- Click Submit.