Release date: August 25, 2020
NAM 2020.2.1 is a service release. These release notes describe the new features, improvements, and fixed issues in Network Automation Manager 2020.2.1. They also provide information about upgrades and describe workarounds for known issues.
If you are looking for previous release notes for Network Automation Manager, see Previous Version documentation.
New features and improvements in NAM
NAM 2020.2.1 offers new features and improvements compared to previous releases of NAM.
Orion Remote Controller
Distribute load on your monitoring environment by deploying Orion Remote Collectors (ORCs) - lightweight polling engines. Supported with node-based licensing for NAM 2020.2.1 and SAM 2020.2.1.
- Uses the Agent technology to communicate with the Orion Platform
- Do not need a direct connection to the database
- Easy to deploy in remote locations, thanks to their simplified architecture
- Can poll/cache over unreliable networks (store up to 24 hours with no connection to the polling engine)
New features and improvements in Orion Platform
The Orion Platform 2020.2.1 offers new features and improvements compared to previous releases of the Orion Platform.
New customer installation
Network Automation Manager consists of the following components:
- NPM 2020.2.1 | Release Notes
- NTA 2020.2.1 | Release Notes
- UDT 2020.2.1 | Release Notes
- VNQM 2020.2.1 | Release Notes
- NCM 2020.2.1 | Release Notes
- IPAM 2020.2.1 | Release Notes
- SolarWinds High Availability
- Additional Polling Engines
For information about installing NAM, see the SolarWinds Orion Installer.
Before you upgrade!
If you are upgrading from a previous version, be aware of the following considerations.
- Do you have older, legacy Orion product versions in your environment? The Orion Installer provides a full upgrade path for legacy products. For older products, follow the upgrade path in order, downloading and installing using the links.
- If you have written your own code, such as changing SolarWinds
.cssfiles or adding
.jsfiles, it may be overwritten with the upgrade. You can learn more about custom code in this article.
How to upgrade
If you are upgrading from NAM 2017.3 or later, use the SolarWinds Orion Installer to upgrade one or more Orion Platform products simultaneously.
If you are upgrading from an earlier version, use the multiple products upgrade guide to plan and implement an upgrade to NAM 2017.3. Then use the SolarWinds Orion Installer to complete the upgrade.
Fixed issues in Orion Platform 2020.2.1
© 2020 SolarWinds Worldwide, LLC. All rights reserved. This document may not be reproduced by any means nor modified, decompiled, disassembled, published or distributed, in whole or in part, or translated to any electronic medium or other means without the prior written consent of SolarWinds. All right, title, and interest in and to the software, services, and documentation are and shall remain the exclusive property of SolarWinds, its affiliates, and/or its respective licensors.
SOLARWINDS DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, CONDITIONS, OR OTHER TERMS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, ON THE DOCUMENTATION, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION NONINFRINGEMENT, ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, OR USEFULNESS OF ANY INFORMATION CONTAINED HEREIN. IN NO EVENT SHALL SOLARWINDS, ITS SUPPLIERS, NOR ITS LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, WHETHER ARISING IN TORT, CONTRACT OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, EVEN IF SOLARWINDS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
The SolarWinds, SolarWinds & Design, Orion, and THWACK trademarks are the exclusive property of SolarWinds Worldwide, LLC or its affiliates, are registered with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, and may be registered or pending registration in other countries. All other SolarWinds trademarks, service marks, and logos may be common law marks or are registered or pending registration. All other trademarks mentioned herein are used for identification purposes only and are trademarks of (and may be registered trademarks) of their respective companies.