Manage servers with Mobile Admin
The Servers page displays when you click Servers in the Configuration Interface. The menu contains a list of options, as shown below.
All procedures in this section assume that you are on the Servers page.
Add and remove servers from the configuration interface
Follow this procedure to identify the servers that users will manage with Mobile Admin.
Add a server
- In the Actions pane, click Add.
Locate and add a server.
To add a server, complete the Host Name field and click Add. You can enter an alias in addition to a host name.
To locate a server, click Browse Network. Navigate to the server you want to add, and click Add. You can search the displayed network(s) for a server by clicking Find, entering the server name or a wildcard, and clicking Find to display a list of results. Select the desired server and click Add on the Actions pane.
To find the server in the network, click Browse Network in the menu and click Find in the Action Pane.
- Click OK.
An administrator can organize the server list in the Configuration Interface by creating user lists for individual servers. User lists do not provide a user administrative access to servers, but they do determine which servers display in the user’s server list.
Remove a server
Select a server that you want to remove and click Remove on the menu.
Mobile Admin users will see the changes in the server list the next time they log in, or when they refresh the server list on their wireless device. Removing a server from the Configuration Interface also removes the server from any Global Folders that contain it.
Manage a server user list
- From a view of the server that you want to manage user lists for, click Users on the menu.
- Perform one of the following procedures:
- To add a user to a server, click Add on the menu, select the user(s) you want to add, and click Add.
- To remove a user from a server, select the user(s) you want to remove, and click Remove.
You can also manage a server’s user list through the User option on the Configuration Interface.
If a user has permission to manage their server list, they can add a server in the Configuration section. If a server is removed, the changes do not display in the server list.
If a new server you want to manage is added to the Configuration Interface server list after your first Mobile Admin Client login, you must manually add it to your server. The server will not be automatically added to the list.
Manage default user permissions for a server
- From a view of the server that you want to manage permissions for, click Permissions on the menu.
- Select or clear the check boxes for default server permissions.
- Click Save Selections.
View and modify server permissions
- From a view of the server for which you want to view or edit permissions, click Permissions in the menu.
- Select or clear the check boxes for server permissions.
- Click Save Selections.