Manage Amazon Web Services with Mobile Admin
This section provides information about using Amazon Web Services with Mobile Admin.
Amazon Web Services delivers a set of services that form a reliable, scalable, and inexpensive computing platform in the cloud. Unlike other Mobile Admin services, you can only access Amazon Web Services from the Manage Services section of Mobile Admin. When you add Amazon Web Services to your service list, a special Cloud Host entry is automatically created in your Hosts list.
Mobile Admin can manage your Amazon EC2 or CloudWatch services.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) are not automatically detected by Mobile Admin. You must add the service.
- Open the Mobile Admin Manage Services screen.
- Click Add Service.
- Select Amazon Web Services.
- When prompted, enter your access key.
You can authenticate with Amazon Web Services using the AWS access keys. These keys include an Access Key ID and a Secret Access Key, which is provided by Amazon. To change the access keys, select Change Access Keys on the menu from the Amazon Web Services home screen.
The communication method is the Amazon Web Services software development kit for Microsoft .NET.
You can troubleshoot using a browser on the Mobile Admin server to connect to the Amazon Cloud services.
Receiving notifications with Mobile Admin
You can receive Mobile Admin notifications regarding any new events or changes that occur in your Amazon Web Services application. If a scheduled event occurs or you receive a new AWS alarm, you will receive a notification in your Mobile Admin Notifications Dashboard. When this occurs, you can view details regarding the cause of the notification and perform any necessary action to resolve the problem.
Subscribe to a CloudWatch alarms feed
- In the CloudWatch Alarms screen, select Subscribe to this feed. You can also select Subscribe To Alarm on the menu from a view of a specific alarm.
- Enter a feed name and a contact phone and URL (if required).
- Select Subscribe in the menu or on the screen associated with the new feed.
Subscribe to a region and instance scheduled events feed
- From a view of the instance for which you wish to create a feed, select Instance Scheduled Events.
- Select Subscribe to this feed.
- Enter a feed name.
- Enter the optional contact information.
- Click Subscribe on the menu or on the screen associated with the new feed.
Subscribe to a region scheduled events feed
- From a view of the region for which you wish to create a feed, select Region Scheduled Events.
- Select Subscribe to this feed....
- Name the feed, enter optional contact information, and press Subscribe on the menu or on the screen associated with the new feed.