Manage Microsoft System Center Mobile Device Manager 2008 with Mobile Admin
This section provides information about how to use the Mobile Admin to manage a System Center Mobile Device Manager (SCMDM) 2008 SP1.
The SCMDM 2008 SP1 Administrator Tools must be installed on the same system as Mobile Admin to manage Mobile Device Manager servers with Mobile Admin. All procedures in this section assume that you are logged in to Mobile Admin and that you have selected Mobile Device Manager server from your Manager Hosts list or the Mobile Device Manager service from the Manager Services list.
System Center Mobile Device Manager is detected if a service named "scmdmwipeservice" is found on a server.
The Mobile Admin login credentials are used when managing.
The .NET Mobile Device Manager SDK is used for management.
Liste System Center Mobile Device Manager servers
From the Mobile Admin Manage Services screen or from a view of a server reached from the Mobile Admin Manage Servers screen, click the Mobile Device Manager 2008 icon. The System Center Mobile Device Manager Console will appear.
All managed devices
List nanaged devices and device details
From a view of the System Center Mobile Device Manager Console, select All Managed Devices.
To view details of a particular device, simply select the device for which you wish to view more information.
- From a view of the list of your managed devices, select Create pre-enrollment on the menu.
- Perform the following:
- Enter the device name you wish to enroll in the Device name field.
- Select the organizational unit in which the device belongs from the drop-down menu.
Enter owner information in the Owner field.
The owner must exist in Active Directory. You can enter the common name, email address, distinguished name, security ID (SID), or logon ID of the device owner. If you specify a blank value, the command uses the owner name ‘Anonymous’.
- Select Activate VPN and Send e-mail confirmation if desired.
Document the password carefully as it is not retrievable by any other means.
- Select Password confirmed.
View a list of blocked devices and device details
From a view of the System Center Mobile Device Manager console, select Blocked Devices.
To view details of a specific device, select the blocked device for which you want to view more information.
Unblock a device
- From a view of the list of blocked devices, select the device that you wish to unblock.
- Select Unblock on the menu.
List pending enrollments and enrollment details
From a view of the System Center Mobile Device Manager Console, select Pending Enrollments.
To view details about a specific pending enrollment, simply select the enrollment for which you would like to view more information.
Cancel an enrollment
- From a view of the list of pending enrollments, select the enrollment that you would like to cancel.
- Select Cancel enrollment on the menu.
List recent wipes and wipe details
- From a view of the System Center Mobile Device Manager console, select Recent Wipes.
- To view details about a specific wipe, simply select the wipe for which you wish to view more information.
Cancel a wipe
- From a view of the list of recent wipes, select the wipe that you wish to cancel.
- Select Cancel wipe on the menu.