Managing Microsoft Hyper-V with Mobile Admin
This section provides information about how to use the Mobile Admin Client to manage Microsoft Hyper-V. Please note that all the procedures in this chapter assume that you are logged in to Mobile Admin and that you have selected a Hyper-V server from your Manage hosts list, or selected the Hyper-V service from the Manage Services list.
Microsoft Hyper-V Detection
The Mobile Admin server will detect Microsoft Hyper-V if the Hyper-V service is found on that host.
Microsoft Hyper-V Authentication
The Mobile Admin login credentials are used when managing.
Windows Management Instrumentation is used for management.
Managing the Hyper-V application
Note: Mobile Admin cannot manage Hyper-V on Windows 2012 R2.
Viewing the Summary Page
From a view of the Virtual Machines screen, click the virtual machine whose summary you want to view.
Changing the VM State
- Follow the procedure to view a VM summary and click Change state... on the menu.
- Click the New state drop-down list and choose one of the following:
- Turn Off
- Shut down
- Click Change state on the menu or on the Change State screen.
Changing VM Settings
When VM is running, some settings are read only. When VM is saved, all settings are read only. When VM is shut down, all settings are modifiable.
- Follow the procedure to view a VM summary and select Settings.
- In the text field, enter or select numeric values to change any of the following settings:
- Startup RAM (MB)
- Number of logical processors
- Virtual machine reserve (percentage)
- Virtual machine limit (percentage)
- Relative weight (1-10000)
- Click Save from the menu or from the Server Settings screen.
Viewing a Summary of a VM Snapshot
- Follow the procedure to view a VM summary and select Snapshots from the menu.
- From the list, select the desired snapshot entry to view a summary of the snapshot.
Creating a Snapshot of the VM
Follow the procedure to view a VM summary and click Create snapshot from the menu.
Applying a Snapshot of a VM
When you apply a snapshot to a snapshot summary, the VM stops while the snapshot is being applied and then restarts when the snapshot or application completes.
Follow the procedure to view a snapshot of a VM and click Apply Snapshot on the menu.
Deleting a Snapshot
- Follow the procedure to view a snapshot of a VM and select the snapshot you wish to delete.
- On the Snapshot Summary page, click Delete Snapshot.
Managing the VM in Mobile Admin
Follow the procedure to view a summary of a VM and click Manage VM from the menu.