Use an additional polling engine with LA
Use an additional polling engine (APE) specifically designed to be used with Storage Resource Monitor (SRM), Virtualization Manager (VMAN), and Log Analyzer (LA). You can scale your SRM, VMAN, and LA installation without having to purchase a license for an APE.
This option is not available with Orion Log Viewer.
When you apply a valid license, you can use this APE on all additional Orion Platform products you have installed.
You can use this APE the same way you use a licensed APE, including:
- Scanning the network using an APE during network discovery
- Assigning nodes on LA to an APE for polling
- Adding a new node to LA using the APE as the polling engine
You can check status of the APE in the Orion Web Console under Settings > All Settings > License Details.
Install the Additional Polling Engine
Use the Orion Installer. You can use the same installation file that's used to install LA.
- Run the installer on a computer that does not already have an Orion server installed.
- Select Add a Scalability Engine and click Next.
Enter your Orion server's IP address or hostname.
- Select Additional Polling Engine for Storage Resource Monitor, Virtualization Manager, or Log Analyzer, and then click Next.
You must select Additional Polling Engine for Storage Resource Monitor, Virtualization Manager, or Log Analyzer to set up the Additional Polling Engine without requiring an additional license.
- Follow the remaining onscreen instructions to complete the installation.