Filter devices in the Kiwi CatTools database
To filter the on-screen display of devices under the Devices tab, click
Filter (F3). This opens the "Database filter" window.
- Use the Include and Exclude fields to either include or exclude specific device types, names, or other properties as shown in the following fields.
- Determine the different sets of devices to be included or excluded from the filtered device display based on the device's group, name, host name, type, model or location.
- Specify which part of the Group or Name the filter operates on:
Any part of the name may contain the specified string.
- Starts With
The start of the name matches the specified string.
- Ends With
The end of the name matches the specified string.
- Enter the specific string that you want the filter to match against the device name, or group, etc.
- (Optional) Select
ORBoolean operators to combine filters. The third option,
Top Only, displays only the top-most device that satisfies the criteria entered in the first line of filter options.
- Create a second filter to combine with the first using Boolean operators.
- Use the "Favorite filters" box to save your filter for later use.