Suspend monitors during network maintenance
This section describes how to configure ipMonitor to temporarily suspend your monitors while you perform maintenance in your network.
- Log in to ipMonitor.
- Click Configuration > Scheduled Maintenance Tasks
- In the toolbar, click Add Maintenance Schedule.
Under Identification, enter a unique name for the maintenance schedule.
For example, Suspend monitors during network maintenance.
Choose Disable Monitors while actions outside of ipMonitor occur.
This maintenance mode allows you to disable monitor testing while routine external maintenance is completed on the monitored resources.
Under Action, select the time span required to complete the maintenance.
Under Schedule, complete the schedule options.
- Select the hours and minutes after midnight when the maintenance schedule will activate.
- Click the Frequency drop-down menu and select a daily, weekly, or monthly cycle.
- In the Happens Every field, enter the number of days when the maintenance schedule runs on the specified date or day.
- In the Active From field, click Select and select the starting date of the maintenance schedule. By default, the maintenance schedule is configured to start on the current day.
- In the Time Zone drop-down menu, select your time zone. By default, ipMonitor uses the time zone specified in your server operating system settings.
- In the Active Until drop-down menu, choose whether the maintenance schedule runs indefinitely, a specified number of times, or until a specific date.
Under Groups, Devices and Monitors Assigned to this Schedule, identify all groups, devices, and monitors that will be impacted by the scheduled downtime.
- Click OK.