SMS Text Pager
The SMS Text Pager alert sends a text message to an alphanumeric pager or digital phone with Short Message Service (SMS) support.
SMS Text Pager supports the following SMS text pager protocols:
- SMS Text Pager GSM (Global System for Mobile Communications)
- SMS Text Pager TAP (Telelocator AlphaNumeric Protocol)
- SMS Text Pager UCP (Universal Computer Protocol)
Use the Simple SMS Text Pager alert to send custom failure notifications, recovery notifications and information messages to an alphanumeric pager or cell phone using text and ipMonitor alert tokens.
- Log in to the ipMonitor Administrator web interface.
- Click Configuration in the toolbar.
In the Configuration screen, click Alert List.
- Click Add Alert.
Enter a name for this alert and enable the alert.
- Select the Alert Enabled checkbox to enable this alert.
Select an action to perform when the monitor generates the alert.
To enable all monitors and groups assigned to this alert to trigger an action, select Alert for Groups and Monitors that are listed.
To disable all monitors and groups assigned to this alert to trigger an action, select Alert for Groups and Monitors that are not listed.
Click Add and select an SMS text pager option.
Add a monitor, group, or device to the alert.
- Click OK.
The Alert is enabled and added to the Alert List page.
The Yellow icons indicate an alert you created in the Alert Wizard. The Silver icon indicates an alert you created by clicking Add Alert.
Disable the alert
- Log in to ipMonitor as an administrator.
- Click Configuration > Alert List.
- Locate and select the SMS alert you want to disable.
- Click Disable.