Create a SmartGroup
SmartGroups are dynamic groups that include content determined by a filter you create. Unlike regular groups that include static content, SmartGroup content automatically keeps track of changes in your network.
The following example explains how to create a SmartGroup that contains all devices manufactured by Cisco Systems.
- In the toolbar, click Devices.
- In the Groups menu, click My Network.
Click the Add drop-down menu and select Add New SmartGroup.
In the Name field, enter a name for this group.
All Cisco Devices
- Click the SmartGroup contains drop-down menu and select Devices.
- Click the Start With drop-down menu and select No Devices.
Under SmartGroup filter rules, add a rule that compares the device vendor property of each device.
Click the drop-down menus and select Add devices, where status is down.
- Click Add New Rule.
Click the drop-down menus and select Add devices, where tag is.
- Use the Regex Wizard to create a regular expression for the Matches regular expression field that matches the case-sensitive string
- Click Add Regular Expression.
Click Regex Wizard.
Under Step 1 in the Match begins with field, enter
- Leave the Step 2 field blank.
Under Step 3 in the Match ends with field, enter
Scroll down to The Regular Express you have built: field.
- Copy the text in the field, and then click Close.
Paste the text into the Matches regular expression field.
The new group displays in the My Network window.