Install and configure FIPS for IPAM
- If you are installing IPAM 4.4 or later, see the instructions for the SolarWinds Orion Installer.
- This is the IPAM Legacy Installation Guide for versions 4.2 to 4.3.1.
You can run your IPAM product in FIPS-compliant (Federal Information Processing Standard) mode to comply with computer security and interoperability standards used by non-military US government agencies and contractors.
- If FIPS compliance is required, SolarWinds recommends that you enable FIPS as part of a fresh install instead of as part of an upgrade.
- Before you enable FIPS ensure that the hardware is FIPS-compliant. See the Microsoft Support knowledge base for more information.
- Not all Orion Platform products are FIPS-compliant. SolarWinds recommends that you install all FIPS-compliant SolarWinds software on FIPS-compliant servers and maintain all non-compliant SolarWinds software on non-compliant servers.
|1. Run the SolarWinds FIPS manager||
Start the SolarWinds FIPS 140-2 Manager (
|2. Complete FIPS configuration||
Read the welcome text, and click Next. The SolarWinds FIPS 140-2 Manager confirms that the current configuration of your SolarWinds products is FIPS-compliant.
|3. Restart the server||Click Restart now to restart all relevant SolarWinds services.|
While the software is FIPS-compliant, you must choose to use FIPS-compliant polling methods, such as SNMPv3, to monitor and discover nodes.
|FIPS-Compliant Methods for SNMPv3|
|Privacy or encryption||AES128, AES192, AES256|