The (Management Information Base) MIB Walk tool walks the SNMP tree for a target device and pulls the value of each OID in the supported MIBs. Use the MIB Walk tool to find out what MIBs and OIDs are supported on a particular device. MIB Walk uses the SolarWinds MIB database to determine the common, human-readable name for each OID and the MIB to which it belongs. SNMP communication must be enabled on the device. To walk the MIBs, you can use either the read-only or the read and write community string.
- Specify the host name or IP address for the device.
- Specify the SNMP community string.
- Select the SNMP tree to walk:
- Standard starts the SNMP walk from 22.214.171.124.2
- Private starts the SNMP walk from 126.96.36.199.4
- Click Walk.