The MIB Browser gadget is used to browse through and view Management Information Base (MIB) values found on your network devices.
The deprecated version of MIB Browser still exists in the Toolset Installation folder, the default location is
\Program Files\SolarWinds\Toolset. The name has been changed to
For more information about the currently supported version of this tool, see MIB Browser.
- Click Gadgets > Tools > SNMP Tools, and then drag the MIB Browser gadget to a tab.
- Drag a device from the devices tab to the Select, enter, or drag a device field.
Use the gadget with a device that is not in the explorer pane
Enter the IP address or host name of the switch you want to map, and then select or enter in the credentials used to communicate with the device. See Add device credentials
View a single MIB
- Browse to the MIB you want to view.
- Right-click the MIB, and then click Get/Walk Tree.
- To add or remove columns, click Columns, and then click the column you want to add/remove.
- To view additional MIBs, click Get Next, and then click the number of additional MIBs you want to view.
View a MIB table
- Browse to the MIB table you want to view.
- Right-click the table, and then click Get Table.
To refresh the MIB value, click Refresh, and then select the items to refresh.
To swap the columns and rows in the table, click Pivot.
To bookmark a specific MIB or table, right-click the MIB or table, and then click Bookmark Selected OID.
To locate a previously bookmarked MIB or table, click Options at the upper-right corner of the gadget, click Bookmarks, and then click the bookmark you want to view.