Launch shared credentials database
The shared credentials database quickly loads credentials between different tools in the Toolset.
- Click Edit > Shared Credentials Database.
- Click Add, and then enter the required information:
- Enter the community string.
- To add SNMPv3 credentials, click SNMP Version 3, and then specify the following information:
Credential set The name that represents the credentials you specify on the Add Credentials window. This name is displayed in the SNMP Version 3 list in Toolset tools that support the shared credentials database. Context A named designation, similar to a group or domain name, to which the user name belongs. Context is mandatory if it has been defined for the object being managed. User name The name of the user with access to the device. Authentication type The authentication type you want to use when logging on to the device, for example, MD5. Authentication password or key The password or key that corresponds to the selected authentication enter. Encryption type The encryption used when communicating with the device, for example, DES (56bit) or AES (128 or 256 bit) encryption. Encryption password or key The password or key that corresponds to the selected encryption enter.
- Click a set of credentials, and then click Modify to change the stored information.
- Click the credentials, and then click Devices to specify the host name or IP address of a device to associate with the selected credentials.