EOC 2020.2.6 Release Notes
Release date: July 15, 2021
These release notes describe the new features, improvements, and fixed issues in Enterprise Operations Console (EOC) 2020.2.6. They also provide information about upgrades and describe workarounds for known issues.
- For information on the latest hotfixes, see Orion Platform Hotfix release notes.
- For release notes for previous EOC versions, see Previous Version documentation.
- For information about requirements, see EOC 2020.2.6 system requirements.
- For information about working with EOC, see the EOC Administrator Guide.
EOC 2020.2.6 offers new features and improvements compared to previous releases of EOC.
- EOC 2020.2.6 now supports up to two million elements.
- The Account Limitation Builder application has been migrated to the web and enables you to create or delete custom limitations.
- With EOC 2020.2.6, you can now apply custom properties for specific items or to all items globally, and you can consolidate custom properties.
- EOC 2020.2.6 provides enhanced security and an improved user interface compared to EOC 2020.2.5.
Consolidation is possible only on Orion Platform 2020.2 or newer.
New features and improvements in Orion Platform
The Orion Platform 2020.2.6 offers new features and improvements compared to previous releases of the Orion Platform.
For information about installing Enterprise Operations Console, see the SolarWinds Orion Installer.
If you are upgrading from EOC 2.0 or later:
- Use the SolarWinds Orion Installer to upgrade one or more Orion Platform products simultaneously.
- If your scalability engines (additional web servers and high availability servers) are able to communicate with the main server, use the centralized upgrade feature to upgrade the rest of your Orion deployment in parallel.
For details, see Install or upgrade Orion Platform products.
If you are upgrading from EOC 1.6 or earlier: use the legacy product upgrade guide to plan and then implement an upgrade to the current version of EOC.
See the End of Life Policy for information about SolarWinds product lifecycle phases. For supported versions and EoL announcements for all SolarWinds products, see Currently supported software versions.
This version of Enterprise Operations Console deprecates the following platforms and features.
Deprecated platforms and features are still supported in the current release. However, they will be unsupported in a future release. Plan on upgrading deprecated platforms, and avoid using deprecated features. Customizations applied to a deprecated feature might not be migrated if a new feature replaces the deprecated one.
For information about supported version of SolarWinds products, see Currently supported software versions.
|Legacy Orion Report Writer||
In Orion Platform 2020.2.5 and 2020.2.6, the Report Writer is only available in the ReadOnly mode. Migrate your custom reports to the web.
You can no longer add Report from Orion Report Writer widgets to your views. Existing widgets remain in place.
|Network Atlas||Network Atlas is deprecated as of this release and will be removed in a future release. SolarWinds recommends that you start using Orion Maps in the Orion Web Console to display maps of physical and logical relationships between entities monitored by the Orion Platform products you have installed.|
© 2021 SolarWinds Worldwide, LLC. All rights reserved.
This document may not be reproduced by any means nor modified, decompiled, disassembled, published or distributed, in whole or in part, or translated to any electronic medium or other means without the prior written consent of SolarWinds. All right, title, and interest in and to the software, services, and documentation are and shall remain the exclusive property of SolarWinds, its affiliates, and/or its respective licensors.
SOLARWINDS DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, CONDITIONS, OR OTHER TERMS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, ON THE DOCUMENTATION, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION NONINFRINGEMENT, ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, OR USEFULNESS OF ANY INFORMATION CONTAINED HEREIN. IN NO EVENT SHALL SOLARWINDS, ITS SUPPLIERS, NOR ITS LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, WHETHER ARISING IN TORT, CONTRACT OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, EVEN IF SOLARWINDS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
The SolarWinds, SolarWinds & Design, Orion, and THWACK trademarks are the exclusive property of SolarWinds Worldwide, LLC or its affiliates, are registered with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, and may be registered or pending registration in other countries. All other SolarWinds trademarks, service marks, and logos may be common law marks or are registered or pending registration. All other trademarks mentioned herein are used for identification purposes only and are trademarks of (and may be registered trademarks) of their respective companies.