Dameware Remote Everywhere for macOS 10.14 Mojave
With the release of macOS 10.14 (Mojave), Apple introduced a new security requirement for all remote support solutions, including Dameware Remote Everywhere. When this accessibility setting is enabled you can control the remote device, otherwise you can only observe when connected.
This security setting is not configurable remotely and can only be setup by an admin rights level user on the local computer.
After applying these settings, the computer is controllable using the selected remote control solutions. When these settings were applied during an active session and control problems are experienced, close the Dameware Remote Everywhere session and reconnect to the Mac.
Accessibility Access (Events) Dialog
The first time you initiate the Dameware Remote Everywhere connection to the remote Mac running macOS 10.14, the user is presented with an Accessibility Access (Events) dialog. The dialog only displays one time per app during the first connection attempt, even if the app is uninstalled then reinstalled.
To permit control from this dialog, the admin rights user must follow these steps:
- Navigate to System Preferences and select Security & Privacy > Privacy > Accessibility.
- Click the padlock in the bottom left corner to unlock and allow changes.
- Enter the computer's administrative account credentials.
- Select the check box next to the required Dameware Remote Everywhere solutions.
- Close the Security & Privacy window.
Security & Privacy, Privacy, Accessibility
If the Dameware Remote Everywhere option is installed on the computer but not displayed in the main Privacy window:
- Follow steps 1-4 above.
- From the Accessibility section, click the Plus icon below the main window.
- Use the Finder to navigate to your Applications Folder.
- Select Dameware Remote Everywhere and click Open.
The Dameware Remote Everywhere option should now appear in the main Privacy window for selection. Close the Security and Privacy window