Installing Database Mapper
This article summarizes the steps to installing each product and provides links to more in-depth step by step instructions.
Cloud vs. Software
There are two versions of Database Mapper:
- Database Mapper (the cloud version at document.sentryone.com)
- Database Mapper Software (the on-premises, self-hosted version)
Additional Information: For information about product pricing and licensing, see the Database Mapper product page.
Summary of installation steps
Installing Database Mapper (Cloud)
1. Purchase or download a trial of Database Mapper (Cloud).
2. Install & configure the Database Mapper Remote Agent and Configuration Tool.
3. Create an account and sign in to Database Mapper at document.sentryone.com.
Installing Database Mapper Software (On-Prem)
1. Purchase or download a trial of Database Mapper (On-Prem).
2. Install the Database Mapper Software Web client.
3. Install and configure the Database Mapper Configuration Utility.
4. Install & configure the Database Mapper Remote Agent and Configuration Tool.
5. Activate your Database Mapper Software license(s) through the SolarWinds License Manager.
6. Sign in to Database Mapper at your on-premises host server URL for Database Mapper Software.
Each article below includes instructions for the full product installation for Database Mapper (Cloud) and Database Mapper Software (On-Prem).
Choose the installation method for your product: