Dameware Stand-alone Installation Guide overview
Dameware Remote Support and Dameware Mini Remote Control provide you with tools to troubleshoot and manage systems and support end users. If you are a customer, you have purchased either a centralized version of Dameware, or a stand-alone version of Dameware. If you are not yet a customer, and are interested in evaluating Dameware, you can download a free trial version of Dameware Remote Support or Dameware Mini Remote Control, fully-functional for 14 days. After the evaluation period, you can convert your evaluation license to a production license by obtaining and applying a license key.
Dameware Remote Support and Dameware Mini Remote Control offer different capabilities. With Dameware Mini Remote Control, you can:
- Remotely control Windows®, Mac OS® X, and Linux® computers.
- Support end users internal to your network, including sharing files, chatting with end users, and taking screen shots (among many other functions).
With Dameware Remote Support, you can perform all Dameware Mini Remote Control actions, and many others. For example, you can:
- Manage Active Directory objects such as Organizational Units (OU), Containers, Users, Groups, Contacts, Computers, and Shares.
- Use Dameware Exporter to quickly extract information from remote computers.
- Install, stop, and remove services.
- Make updates to the registry of end users' computers.
Dameware Remote Support includes a copy of Dameware Mini Remote Control.
What is the difference between stand-alone versions and centralized versions of Dameware?
The centralized versions of Dameware Remote Support and Dameware Mini Remote Control offer the same features as the stand-alone versions, plus additional functionality. Dameware Remote Support centralized and Dameware Mini Remote Control centralized both make use of a Central Server to manage Dameware licenses, Global Host Lists, and Dameware users. With Dameware Remote Support centralized you can also initiate Internet Sessions to support remote end users outside of your network.
This guide provides installation instructions for stand-alone or evaluation versions of Dameware Remote Support and Dameware Mini Remote Control. For instructions on installing Dameware Remote Support centralized or Dameware Mini Remote Control centralized, see Dameware Centralized Installation Guide.