Report: Who has access where?
Background / Value
Managers and team leads know best who should have access to what. Having an understanding of your access rights situation is extremely important, especially for sensitive resources. The report "Who has access where?" provides an overview of users and their access.
The report allows responsible managers to make information based decisions in order to answer two central questions:
- Who should have access to what? (increase in data security)
- Which access rights should exist? (improvement of data integrity)
Report: Where do users and groups have access? (user in focus)
Modify directory access rights
Step by step process
- Select "Start".
- Click "Who has access where?".
Alternative way to start the report:
- Select "Resources".
- Right-click on a directory that you are responsible for.
- Click on "Report: Who has access where?" from the context menu.
- Name the report and add a comment.
- The selected resource is automatically included in the list of objects to be analyzed. You can add further resources.
We recommend that you set the options in the details area for a first run as shown above.
- Open "Group Settings".
- In order to reduce complexity we recommend selecting the "Usersview".
Set the output options. For example, you can schedule the report and set it to be sent regularly by email.
- Start the report.
Data owners now can verify whether the listed users should have access.
You should also check to see if the access rights of some users can not be reduced for example from "full access" to "read" or "modify". This ensures a higher level of data integrity.