Unlock user accounts (web client)
Background / Value
The most common activity of the HelpDesk is to unlock accounts. Typically because the password was entered wrong too often. If the user remembers the password, the account can be unlocked without resetting the password.
Reset users' passwords (Cockpit)
- Choose Cockpit.
- Choose "Employee search". Employees are assigned to you by an administrator through the Active Directory "Manager" attribute. See Changing Attributes (Web Client).
- Choose Manage users. Users are assigned to you by an administrator through the Data Owner Configuration.
The range of available services (buttons) varies according to role (login), risk assessment and configuration.
- Use the search to filter a long list of employees or search for users.
- Select one or more users.
- ARM shows you the information (attributes) of the selected user. If you have selected more than one user, only the common attributes will be displayed.
- In the collection you can see already selected users.
- Click "Unlock Account".
- ARM shows you on which accounts the action should be performed.
- You must enter a comment.
- Click "Execute action".