Identify corrupted inheritance
Background / Value
Broken ACLs (Access Control Lists) interfere with the NTFS inheritance on the fileserver. The consequences: The subdirectory does not get the correctly inherited permissions, even though the inheritance is enabled.
ARM shows you broken ACLs in a report.
Remove corrupted inheritance
- Select "Resources".
- Select the desired file server.
- Click on "Report".
- Select "report on all sub-directories with different access rights".
- You can name the report and add a comment.
- You can change the range of the report.
- Start the report creation.
Open the .XLS file with Excel.
- Select the tab of the selected resource
- Select the third line and add a filter.
- Activate the column "inheritance corrupted" by selecting "yes".
- The results show the directories with defective ACLs.