Identify access rights on a resource
Background / Value
ARM quickly shows you all access rights on file server directories. Initially you should focus on the directories containing the most sensitive data. You simply need to know: Who has access?
Report: Who has access where?
Modify directory access rights
Monitor access to sensitive data
- Search for the desired directory.
- You can find your search result in the directory section.
- ARM switches to the resource view.
- ARM expands the tree and focuses on the desired directory.
- ARM displays all access rights categories that exist for the chosen directory.
- Select an access category filter. You can expand the tree to analyze how permissions are build.
In this example the "Modify" filter has been chosen.
ARM lists all accounts with "Modify" access rights to the Marketing directory in a flat list - regardless of whether they are assigned directly, through groups, or nested groups.
- You can add additional filters for users, groups, contacts and computers to narrow down the results further.