Define data owners and assign resources
Background / Value
Data Owners and Managers have the responsibility to protect digital resources in their departments. ARM allows you to delegate this individual responsibility effectively. The following example shows a typical configuration.
These settings can be found in the ARM configuration module. You can find more detailed information in the Handbook for Installation and Configuration, chapter Manage ARM users and Data Owner.
Start the ARM configuration application and select "Data Owner".
- Create an organizational category, for example "Marketing".
- Select the newly created category.
- Use the search field to find the desired account.
- Use drag & drop to move the account to the column "Data Owner".
- Select the desired role in the column "User rights".
- Use drag & drop to move resources out of the "Resource selection" into the "Resources" section. You are also able to search for resources.
- Mark the resources as "requestable" in GrantMA.
- Mark the resources as "changeable".