Data Owner: Recertification of existing access rights
Background / Value
Safety regulations demand for the implementation of the principle of least privilege. This is why data owners must check periodically the access rights situation of their resources.
With the re-certification process you obtain the possibility to check and change the access rights situation to your resources.
You receive an email with the instructions to the re-certification process. Then you decide for each user and resource if the access right should stay or be removed. Your desired changes will be transferred automatically to the administrator.
Grant and remove file server access rights
Continue a recertification already started.
- Select resources for a new recertification.
- Start the process.
You can either accept or remove the permissions.
- Activate all Users which should keep their permissions first.
- Click on "Accept".
Subdirectories are only displayed, if they contain deviating permissions.
- You must enter a comment. Your notes will be saved in the system for documentation.
- Click "Assign action".
Repeat the process for the permissions you want to remove.
- Your decision is marked in the column "action".
- ARM displays your current progress.
- Click "Save Progress" to continue your review later. You will be able to modify your decisions.
- Click "Execute Actions" to finalize your decisions. The Administrator gets a list of your decisions for implementation.
If you click on "Execute Actions" your administrator receives almost every time an email with your desired changes. This is why we recommend to do the recertification in one go.