Create groups and add users
Background / Value
ARM allows you to create standardized groups quickly and easily. Each process is automatically documented.
Manage group memberships
- Select "Start".
- Click on "Add a new user account or group".
ARM offers 4 standard templates. You can generate as many of your own templates as you wish. We recommend using customized templates as a foundation as this simplifies, standardizes and speeds up the process.
- Select a group template.
- Click on "Select".
- Set the group names and description.
- Change the OU if desired.
- Determine the group scope.
- Determine the group type.
- You can add users while creating the group.
- Determine the credentials for creating the new group in AD.
- You must enter a comment.
Sensitive administrative actions should always contain an explanation why the account is being created and/or what it is for. We recommend adding a ticket number and information who requested the account creation.
- Complete the action immediately or later, or save it as a job.