Create a user account
Background / Value
With ARM you can quickly create standardized user accounts. You can specify this process by creating the appropriate templates for different roles and then delegate it to your help desk.
Customize templates for account creation (please refer: Customize ARM templates)
- Click "Start".
- Click "Create new user or group".
ARM offers 4 standard templates. You can generate as many of your own templates as you wish. We recommend using customized templates as a foundation as this simplifies and speeds up the process.
- Select a User template.
- Click on "select".
- Enter the required information.
- Modify the OU if desired.
Set further LDAP attributes.
You can already define group memberships when creating the user.
- Set password options.
- With ARM, you can schedule the activation of the account and set an expiration date during the creation of a new account.
Activate this option to create a mailbox for the new user. You can also perform this step later with ARM.
- Determine the email settings.
- Determine which credentials are used in order to create the new account in AD.
- You must enter a comment.
Security relevant events such as the creation of a user account should always be justified by the creator. This also serves for your own security. We recommend that you provide a ticket number and the person who instructed you to do so.
- Complete the action immediately or later, or save the job and complete it later.