Configure additional properties
Select the SharePoint version.
To communicate with the SharePoint system, ARM uses Microsoft components that are specific to the version of the SharePoint system that is used. Specifying the correct SharePoint version ensures that all information is shared correctly with the SharePoint system. If the configured version of SharePoint differs from the actual version, this may result in incomplete or incorrect data.
- Determine how many maximum parallel requests the scan will perform. The higher the number, the higher the scanning speed and the load on the SharePoint server.
Possible values: 1 to 10
- Specify how often an attempt is made to connect to the SharePoint server.
- Specify how long ARM waits for the connection to the SharePoint Server or the result of a query.
Possible values: 1 to 120 min,
Recommended for systems with lists and libraries < 5,000 elements: 10 min
Recommended for systems with lists and libraries > 5,000 elements: 60 min
- Option enabled: ARM excludes administrators from the scan. They are not available in views and reports.
- Option enabled: ARM excludes owner from the scan. They are not available in views and reports.
This option is not effective for SharePoint 2010. Microsoft does not provide the information about the owner in this release.
ARM excludes secondary contacts from the scan. They are not available in views and reports.
The secondary contact is optional in SharePoint. The option is ineffective if no secondary contact is entered.
This option is not effective for SharePoint 2010. Microsoft does not provide the secondary contact information in this release.
- Option enabled: ARM excludes the limited access from the scan. This information is not available in views and reports.
Limited access is automatically granted by the SharePoint system to a large extent, ensuring that SharePoint users can navigate through the system.
- Option enabled: ARM excludes hidden lists from the scan. They are not available in views and reports.
- Option enabled: ARM excludes list items from the scan. They are not available in views and reports.
- Determine whether only list elements or documents with specific permissions (interrupted inheritance) will be scanned.
- Determine the maximum number of attempts after which the scan of a specific SharePoint object is canceled. Possible values: 1 to 5, Recommended: 3
- With the threshold value for reading list elements, you determine how many list elements are read at maximum.
Enable the option for extended error analysis only. If this option is enabled, the scan speed will slow down and the size of the log file of the ARM server will increase faster.
Only for SharePoint on-premise:
Activate this property if the system to be scanned is not operated in the local network infrastructure (e.g. by an external service provider) and the account name is used in the form firstname.lastname@example.org.
This option is relevant for scanning an entire SharePoint farm.
This Option must be enabled if you want to use the ARM integrated site selection for scanning SharePoint on-premise servers.
Enable it if SharePoint is running in a multi-server environment, i.e. if dedicated servers are used for front end and database.
In order for the scanner to work properly, you must first configure WinRM and prepare PowerShell to use CredSSP authentication.
Prepare SharePoint to use CredSSP
First configure all SharePoint servers and then the ARM server. The ARM server needs to access SharePoint already during the configuration.
SharePoint frontend server
- Start the SharePoint Management Shell with local administrator privileges.
- Activate Remoting for PowerShell
- Activate MultiHop support in WinRM
Enable-WSManCredSSP -Role "Server" -Force
- Start PowerShell as administrator
- Activate MultiHop support in WinRM
Enable-WSManCredSSP -Role "Client" -DelegateComputer "FQDN-SharePoint-FrontEnd-Server-Name" -ForceReplace the yellow marked text with the Fully Qualified Domain Name of your SharePoint frontend server.
For more information please visit Microsoft.