Create the ticket custom fields
You can create custom fields to track additional ticket information. These fields can be displayed on all tickets or only certain types of tickets.
This example defines the Start Date field. This field is displayed on tickets with a request type of HR > New Hire Paperwork. It is a Date type, which limits user input to a date selected from a calendar widget.
- Click Setup.
- Select Tickets > Ticket Custom Fields.
The Ticket Custom Fields screen displays the default values for a new custom field.
Enter a label to identify this field.
- In the Display Order drop-down menu, select this field's position within the Custom Fields section of a ticket.
In the Clients and Techs sections, specify whether each group can see or edit the custom field.
Techs with admin accounts can edit all custom fields.
Select the Type of input this field will accept.
The remaining fields change based on your selection.
Complete the remaining fields. Point to any field name to display information.
The Request Types field and an Edit link is displayed on the Ticket Custom Fields screen.
- Specify which request types apply to this custom field. Only tickets with the selected request type will display this field.
- Click the Edit link. A new tab displays a list of request types.
Select one or more request types. To display the custom field on all tickets, click Select All below the list.
- Click Done to close the tab.
- Click Save.