How reports work in NPM
Reports provide a bridge between detailed views (which provide point-in-time information) and alerts (which tell you there is a problem). Reports can contain detailed, current state information, or they can contain historical data.
You can run an ad-hoc report, or schedule reports to be sent to you automatically, as a PDF, a web page, or email. For example, use a schedule when you want to receive the bandwidth usage from the last 7 days report every Monday morning.
SolarWinds recommends that you identify who needs to receive performance or status reports, and how often they should receive them.
SolarWinds provides predefined reports for each Orion module.
To provide meaningful data, some reports require that you monitor the devices for a certain time period. For example, it takes two weeks for baseline reports to populate.
- Click Reports > All Reports to see the available predefined reports.
On the All Reports page, click the report title to run it immediately. The report populates with data. To share the report, click Export or Print in the top right corner.
- Click Settings > All Settings > Manage Reports.
You can also access the view from Reports: Click Reports > All Reports, and then click Manage Reports in the top right corner of the view.
- Select a web-based report, and click Schedule Report > Create New Schedule.
- On the Schedule Properties panel, type a name and description and click Next.
- On the Schedule Frequency panel, click Add Frequency.
- On the Add Frequency dialog box, type a name and select a time interval.
- Select the days when you want to execute the report.
- Enter a time and click Add Frequency.
- On the Schedule Frequency panel, click Next.
- On the Actions to Execute panel, click Add Action and specify whether you want to email the report, print it, or save it to a disk. Click Next.
- On the Schedule Configuration Summary panel, review the schedule and click Create Schedule. The Orion Platform will execute the specified action (email the report, print it, or save it for you) according to the schedule.