Orion Platform integration with NetPath
This Orion Platform topic applies only to the following products:
NAM — NCM — NPM — NTA
NetPath™ is a feature of NPM, and by default displays NPM data and issues.
On the internal portion of the network path, you can:
- See NPM data such as CPU, RAM, interface utilization, and more included in the graph.
- Click a monitored device and go to its Node Details page.
- Click an unmonitored device and add it to Orion to see more data.
NetPath™ uses data from NPM to display information about your internal nodes on the network path, such as bandwidth used for the interface. But what is using that bandwidth?
NetPath™ and NTA integration requires NTA 4.2 or later.
If you are exporting flow data from those nodes and monitoring it with NTA, NetPath™ displays additional information to identify what is using the most ingress and egress bandwidth.
Click the node or interface in the network path to open the inspector panel, where you can:
- View the top three conversations.
- Select ingress or egress.
- Click a conversation name to view details about that conversation.
NetPath™ displays additional information about NCM nodes with backed-up config files. If traffic through an NCM node was affected after a config change, NetPath™ notifies you that the two events may be correlated.
NetPath™ and NCM integration requires NCM 7.4.1 or later.
NetPath™ highlights config-related issues on the path, and provides quick access to the configuration data for nodes on the path.
Click the node in the network path to open the inspector panel, where you can:
- Click Commands > View Current to see the config for the device.
- Click Commands > Compare to see two configs side by side for comparison.