- Release Notes
- Install or upgrade
- NPM Installation and Upgrade Guide
- SolarWinds Orion Installer
- Migration Guide
- NPM Legacy Installation Guide
- Legacy NPM installation preflight checklist
- Requirements for installing a legacy version of NPM
- Prepare the Orion database for a installing a legacy version of NPM
- Install a licensed legacy version of NPM
- Integrate a legacy version of NPM with an existing Orion Platform product
- Install a legacy version of NPM with SolarWinds High Availability
- Install an evaluation copy of a legacy version of NPM
- Steps to take after a legacy verion of NPM is installed
- NPM Legacy Upgrade Guide
- Get Started
- NPM Getting Started Guide
- Get started with NPM
- What should I monitor with NPM?
- Discover your network with NPM
- Add discovered devices to NPM
- Plan to scale NPM monitoring
- Navigate SolarWinds NPM
- Identify and troubleshoot a node that has a problem with NPM
- Identify and troubleshoot an interface that has a problem with NPM
- How alerts work in NPM
- Work with preconfigured alerts in NPM
- How reports work in NPM
- Customize views, alerts, and reports in NPM
- Why use custom properties in NPM?
- Create a custom property for nodes in NPM
- Create a custom group in NPM
- Create a custom summary view and add widgets in NPM
- Add the custom summary view to My Dashboards in NPM
- Edit the custom summary view in NPM
- Customize the Custom Table widget in NPM
- Create a Network Atlas map for the custom group
- Add the Network Atlas map into the Orion Web Console
- Create a NOC view for the custom view
- Create a custom report showing availability of devices in the last 30 days
- Create a custom alert notifying the team that critical nodes are not up
- Beyond getting started with NPM
- NPM Administrator Guide
- Welcome to the NPM Administrator Guide
- Manage interfaces in the Orion Web Console
- Monitor capacity usage trends on the network and forecast capacity issues
- Discover your network paths
- Monitor Cisco ACI devices
- Monitor Cisco ASA firewalls
- Monitor Cisco Nexus devices
- Monitor Cisco SwitchStacks
- Network Insight for F5® BIG-IP® load balancers
- Network Insight for Palo Alto firewalls
- Monitor wireless networks
- Migrate data from the Wireless Networks Module
- View wireless data in the
- Monitor Meraki infrastructure
- Create wireless heat maps
- Display wireless heat maps in the
- Monitor EnergyWise devices
- Set SolarWinds NPM thresholds
- Create custom monitors
- Management Information Base (MIB)
- Monitor custom statistics with Universal Device Pollers
- Define a custom statistic to monitor
- Select nodes or interfaces to poll a custom statistic
- Transform poller results
- Create pollers by duplicating and adjusting pollers
- Import UnDP pollers
- Export UnDP pollers
- Temporarily suspend collecting statistics for pollers
- Define UnDP Warning and Critical thresholds
- View Universal Device Poller statistics
- View UnDP status on maps
- Assign Universal Device Pollers (UnDPs) to monitored devices
- Cannot find OIDs? Update the SolarWinds MIB Database
- Manage unique devices on the network with Device Studio
- Device Studio technologies
- Create pollers in Device Studio
- Define object identifiers (OIDs) manually
- What is the SNMP Get type?
- What is a formula?
- Formulas used for transforming Device Studio poller results
- Test Device Studio pollers
- Monitor devices using thwack community pollers
- Why is Orion unable to connect to thwack?
- Assign Device Studio pollers to monitored devices
- Scan monitored objects to verify the match of OIDs
- Troubleshoot network issues with PerfStack
- NPM third party software list
Edit interface properties in NPM
- Log in to the Orion Web Console as an administrator.
- Click Settings > Manage Nodes.
- Locate the parent node of the interface you want to manage, and expand the parent node.
- Select the interface, and click Edit Properties.
- Make your changes:
Edit the interface name
Adjust the interface name.
- In interface names, aliases, or descriptions, use only the following recommended characters:
- Do not use
\ | : * ?, or angle brackets (
>). Angle brackets and any strings contained within angle brackets are removed during polling, as bracketed text may be incorrectly parsed as web markup tags.
a-z A-Z 0-9 space , . - _ ( ) /
To display the interface as unplugged rather than down, select Display Interface as Unplugged.
Designate bandwidth for the interface
Default transmit and receive bandwidths are 1000 Mb/s. If a device does not report its bandwidth, or the interface bandwidth is constrained by other network devices, specify a custom bandwidth that reflects the performance of the interface.
Select Custom Bandwidth, and provide values for Transmit and Receive Bandwidth, in Mb/s.
Change polling interval
Edit how often SolarWinds NPM polls the interface status and performance data.
Interface Status Polling is the interval in seconds between the status checks on the selected interface. By default, interface status is checked every 120 seconds.
Collect Statistics is the interval in minutes on which performance statistics for the interface are determined. By default, it is every 9 minutes.
Custom properties and dependencies
Customize alerting thresholds for the interface
You can customize thresholds whose reaching triggers alerts for individual interfaces. You can change alerting thresholds for the following metrics on the interface:
- Received /Transmit Interface Errors and Discards
- Receive/Transmit Interface Utilization
To customize a threshold, select Override Orion General Thresholds next to the metric, and provide values for Warning and Critical Thresholds.
- Click Submit.
The interface properties in SolarWinds NPM change according to your updates.