Set a floor plan as the background for visualizing wireless coverage in NPM
This Orion Platform topic applies only to NPM.
The floor plan should reflect the real dispositions of the office or buildings on the map, so that you can correctly position the wireless access points and reflect the wireless signal coverage on your map.
The floor plan must be a graphic file in one of the following graphics formats:
- Graphics Interchange Format (.gif, non-animated)
- Tagged Image File Format (.tiff)
- Joint Photographic Experts Group (.jpg)
- Microsoft Windows Bitmap (.bmp)
- Portable Network Graphics (.png)
To ensure the readability of wireless heat maps, use black and white images.
To set a background for wireless heat maps:
- Create the wireless heat map in the Network Atlas.
- Click Background Image on the Home ribbon.
- Navigate to the floor plan image, select the image, and click Open.
The floor plan will appear as the background for your heat map.