Import UnDP pollers to NPM
This Orion Platform topic applies only to the following products:
NAM — NPM
You cannot import device-specific MIBs into the SolarWinds MIB Database, but you can import UnDP pollers based on OIDs from device-specific MIBs. Import a poller and assign it to nodes or interfaces in your environment.
- Start the Universal Device Poller application, for example by clicking Start > SolarWinds Orion > Universal Device Poller.
- Click File > Import Universal Device Pollers.
- For each poller you want to import, complete the following steps:
- Click Open, and locate the poller.
- Select the poller, and click Open.
- Select the pollers to import from the list on the left, and click Import. Selected pollers will move to the pane on the right.
- To select multiple pollers, hold down SHIFT or CTRL, and click the pollers you want.
- To remove a poller from the Selected Pollers list, select the poller and click Remove.
- To collapse all folders and see just the group names, hold down SHIFT, and then click
-next to any of the group names.
- Click OK.
- To begin polling, enable the poller.
- Select the imported poller in the All Defined Pollers pane of the Universal Device Poller window.
- Click Edit Properties.
- Confirm that the poller Status is Enabled, and click Finish.
If Disabled, the poller will not collect data until you enable it.
- Specify nodes or interfaces to be polled by the imported poller. See Select NPM nodes or interfaces to poll a custom statistic .
When the imported poller is enabled and assigned to the devices, the poller begins collecting statistics. To view the statistics, log in to the Orion Web Console, go to a view for the node or interface to which the poller is assigned, and consult the poller resource. See View Universal Device Poller statistics in NPM.