- Release Notes
- Install or upgrade
- NPM Installation and Upgrade Guide
- SolarWinds Orion Installer
- Migration Guide
- NPM Legacy Installation Guide
- Legacy NPM installation preflight checklist
- Requirements for installing a legacy version of NPM
- Prepare the Orion database for a installing a legacy version of NPM
- Install a licensed legacy version of NPM
- Integrate a legacy version of NPM with an existing Orion Platform product
- Install a legacy version of NPM with SolarWinds High Availability
- Install an evaluation copy of a legacy version of NPM
- Steps to take after a legacy verion of NPM is installed
- NPM Legacy Upgrade Guide
- Get Started
- NPM Getting Started Guide
- Get started with NPM
- What should I monitor with NPM?
- Discover your network with NPM
- Add discovered devices to NPM
- Plan to scale NPM monitoring
- Navigate SolarWinds NPM
- Identify and troubleshoot a node that has a problem with NPM
- Identify and troubleshoot an interface that has a problem with NPM
- How alerts work in NPM
- Work with preconfigured alerts in NPM
- How reports work in NPM
- Customize views, alerts, and reports in NPM
- Why use custom properties in NPM?
- Create a custom property for nodes in NPM
- Create a custom group in NPM
- Create a custom summary view and add widgets in NPM
- Add the custom summary view to My Dashboards in NPM
- Edit the custom summary view in NPM
- Customize the Custom Table widget in NPM
- Create a Network Atlas map for the custom group
- Add the Network Atlas map into the Orion Web Console
- Create a NOC view for the custom view
- Create a custom report showing availability of devices in the last 30 days
- Create a custom alert notifying the team that critical nodes are not up
- Beyond getting started with NPM
- NPM Administrator Guide
- Welcome to the NPM Administrator Guide
- Manage interfaces in the Orion Web Console
- Monitor capacity usage trends on the network and forecast capacity issues
- Discover your network paths
- Monitor Cisco ACI devices
- Monitor Cisco ASA firewalls
- Monitor Cisco Nexus devices
- Monitor Cisco SwitchStacks
- Network Insight for F5® BIG-IP® load balancers
- Network Insight for Palo Alto firewalls
- Monitor wireless networks
- Migrate data from the Wireless Networks Module
- View wireless data in the
- Monitor Meraki infrastructure
- Create wireless heat maps
- Display wireless heat maps in the
- Monitor EnergyWise devices
- Set SolarWinds NPM thresholds
- Create custom monitors
- Management Information Base (MIB)
- Monitor custom statistics with Universal Device Pollers
- Define a custom statistic to monitor
- Select nodes or interfaces to poll a custom statistic
- Transform poller results
- Create pollers by duplicating and adjusting pollers
- Import UnDP pollers
- Export UnDP pollers
- Temporarily suspend collecting statistics for pollers
- Define UnDP Warning and Critical thresholds
- View Universal Device Poller statistics
- View UnDP status on maps
- Assign Universal Device Pollers (UnDPs) to monitored devices
- Cannot find OIDs? Update the SolarWinds MIB Database
- Manage unique devices on the network with Device Studio
- Device Studio technologies
- Create pollers in Device Studio
- Define object identifiers (OIDs) manually
- What is the SNMP Get type?
- What is a formula?
- Formulas used for transforming Device Studio poller results
- Test Device Studio pollers
- Monitor devices using thwack community pollers
- Why is Orion unable to connect to thwack?
- Assign Device Studio pollers to monitored devices
- Scan monitored objects to verify the match of OIDs
- Troubleshoot network issues with PerfStack
- NPM third party software list
Define UnDP Warning and Critical thresholds in NPM
This Orion Platform topic applies only to the following products:
ACM — APM — NAM — NOM — NPM — NTA — SRM — VNQM
If values polled by UnDPs on a device reach a certain level (critical or warning threshold), the UnDP on the device is highlighted in the Orion Web Console.
To get notified about exceeding a threshold in an email, configure an alert.
To see pollers with exceeded thresholds in a map, see View UnDP status on Network Atlas maps in NPM.
- Log in to the Orion Web Console as an administrator.
- Click Settings > All Settings in the menu bar.
- In the Thresholds & Polling grouping, click Custom Poller Thresholds.
- Select a poller.
- Select whether the expected polled value is a Text or a Number.
The Poller Value Type determines how the polled value will be interpreted. It also influences the set of possible comparison functions.
- For the Number type, available values include
is greater thanor
- For the Text type, available values include for example
- For the Number type, available values include
- Build conditions to define both Warning and Critical Thresholds:
- Select whether All Child Conditions Must Be Satisfied (AND) or if only At Least One Child Condition Must Be Satisfied (OR).
- Select a comparison relation, and provide a threshold value on which the comparison is based.
- Click + to add additional conditions, as required, to define the poller threshold.
- After configuring all thresholds, click Submit.
If a value reported by the device belongs to the range defined by the Warning Threshold, pollers in maps will be yellow.
If a value reported by the device belongs to the range defined by the Critical Threshold, pollers in maps will be red.