Updated July 31, 2018
These release notes provide guidance for SolarWinds Web Performance Monitor 2.2.2, an Orion Platform product that consumes Orion Platform 2018.2. See also WPM 2.2.2 System Requirements and the WPM 2.2.2 Administrator Guide.
SolarWinds Orion Installer for installing Orion Platform 2018.2 already includes the Orion Platform 2018.2 Hotfix 1.
If you are looking for previous release notes for Web Performance Monitor, see Previous Version documentation.
New features and improvements
WPM 2.2.2 is a service release that contains several Fixed Issues, along with support for:
This release also enables WPM to run on Transport Layer Security (TLS) 1.2 only, to support organizations that require that type of delivery for security and compliance reasons. See TLS compatibility with Orion Platform products for details.
New customer installation
To install WPM, review the 2.2.2 system requirements, and use the SolarWinds Orion Installer, See the Orion Platform Products Installation and Upgrade Guide for details.
SolarWinds Orion installer
Use the SolarWinds Orion Installer to install and upgrade one or more Orion Platform products simultaneously in your environment. When installing new products into an existing Orion environment, it verifies compatibility between the product versions and notifies you if additional steps are needed. The Orion Installer also supports upgrades from older versions of the software with a generated upgrade path, merging the capabilities of the Product Upgrade Advisor into the installer. See the Orion Platform Products Installation and Upgrade Guide for details.
.NET 4.6 is required to use the new installer and is downloaded when you run it. Do not stop the installation after installing .NET 4.6 due to compatibility issues with older versions of SolarWinds software. A reboot may be required after installing .NET.
To eliminate compatibility issues, all required Orion Platform products are upgraded when you complete the Orion Installer.
- Installs or upgrades all products from a single screen. You do not need to download files for each product.
- Provides an easy-to-follow install path when required. If you upgrade from an older product version, the installer provides upgrade paths custom-made for your current environment so you can complete complex upgrades and installations with ease.
- Runs preflight checks to ensure your environment specifications match the system requirements for selected product installs. If changes are needed, the installer provides guidance for required versions.
- Automatically starts the Configuration Wizard as needed after product installs to complete database and configuration tasks.
Before you upgrade
If upgrading from a previous version of WPM, be aware of the following considerations:
- To ensure a smooth upgrade, do the following:
- If upgrading from an earlier version of Windows to Windows 10, SolarWinds recommends reinstalling the WPM Player and Recorder because Windows 10 may overwrite existing registry entries.
How to upgrade
Use the following resources for planning and upgrading:
- Use the SolarWinds Orion Installer, included in your product download from the Customer Portal, to direct your upgrade path and run preflight environment checks.
- Review the Orion Platform Products Installation and Upgrade Guide that includes checklists and instructions to help you plan and execute your upgrade.
- When you are ready, download the upgrade package from the SolarWinds Customer Portal.
WPM 2.2.2 fixes the following issues.
|The WPM Recorder now recognizes the MIME type of a sub website request header as a download file action of, for example, a JSON file instead of navigating to the selected sub website.|
|A SWIS query was updated to resolve issues adding or modifying transaction groups.|
|A SWIS query was updated to resolve an issue on the Step Details page that occurred if no step requests were generated.|
|Proxy information is preserved bidirectionally so that player-Initiated communication through a proxy is returned on the same proxy by the Orion Server.|
|The Step Alerts widget on the Transaction Details page displays alerts without website errors.|
|Communication between the Orion server and a WPM Player works with TLS 1.1 and TLS 1.2, and also if TLS 1.0 is disabled.|
© 2019 SolarWinds Worldwide, LLC. All rights reserved.
This document may not be reproduced by any means nor modified, decompiled, disassembled, published or distributed, in whole or in part, or translated to any electronic medium or other means without the prior written consent of SolarWinds. All right, title, and interest in and to the software, services, and documentation are and shall remain the exclusive property of SolarWinds, its affiliates, and/or its respective licensors.
SOLARWINDS DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, CONDITIONS, OR OTHER TERMS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, ON THE DOCUMENTATION, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION NONINFRINGEMENT, ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, OR USEFULNESS OF ANY INFORMATION CONTAINED HEREIN. IN NO EVENT SHALL SOLARWINDS, ITS SUPPLIERS, NOR ITS LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, WHETHER ARISING IN TORT, CONTRACT OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, EVEN IF SOLARWINDS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
The SolarWinds, SolarWinds & Design, Orion, and THWACK trademarks are the exclusive property of SolarWinds Worldwide, LLC or its affiliates, are registered with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, and may be registered or pending registration in other countries. All other SolarWinds trademarks, service marks, and logos may be common law marks or are registered or pending registration. All other trademarks mentioned herein are used for identification purposes only and are trademarks of (and may be registered trademarks) of their respective companies.