Pingdom's Public Status Page allows you to display the status of your Uptime checks and give other people access to the reports without having them log in to your account.
You find the feature under Sharing > Public Status Page, where you can activate it for whichever checks you'd like!
Here's what it looks like:
On the page in your Pingdom account you'll find the following:
- A general Overview page which gives you the link to your Public Status Page and displays a list of all Uptime checks in your account.
- Options for turning the checks "on and off", meaning you can decide which checks to display to the public. It also provides you with direct links to specific pages of the checks on the status page. You access those by clicking the check name on the list.
- A tab for the Public Status Page's Settings
Clicking on the Settings tab will take you to a second page, where you'll find these options:
- The Design Template, which allows you to choose between the default Pingdom template, or to create a Custom design for the page. If you select the Custom design, continue to step 2!
- The different design options to choose from includes your own Logotype and options for custom Background Color and Text Color.
- Now you need to select if you want to show an Overview of all the checks on the status page, or if you want to disable this and only use the direct links to the specific pages of the checks on the status page. You access those by clicking the check name in the list. You can also select how much data you want to display on the status page: All, 3 months back or None.
- If you have a Custom Domain, such as status.yourwebsite.com, you can point it to stats.pingdom.com and use your own domain instead of the URL we give you! If you don't have a Custom Domain, but want to set one up, you should get in touch with your DNS provider.
- Save the changes, and then head on over to your new Public Status Page - it's ready to be shared with the world!
Note: It's unfortunately not possible to have more than 1 Public Status Page at the moment. It's also not possible to password protect the status page.
When the APM Integrated Experience is enabled, Pingdom shares a common navigation and enhanced feature set with the other integrated experiences' products. How you navigate Pingdom and access its features may vary from these instructions. For more information, go to the APM Integrated Experience documentation.