After you have WMI connectivity configured for your environment, use the Inventory - verify access only Managed Computer Inventory option to verify WMI connectivity with your remote systems.
- In the navigation pane, click Assets and Compliance.
- In the Assets and Compliance navigation pane, locate and select the computer you want to update.
- Right-click the computer and select RealTime Computer Info.
- In the Computer Explorer window, click Quick Inventory on the Actions tab.
- On the Inventory Options window, select Inventory – verify access only.
- Click OK.
Complete the Task Options Wizard to specify the target systems and schedule and/or execute the task.
See Task Options Wizard for details.
You can view the results from this check in the Patch Manager Task History, or configure the task to email you the results.