Add a managed domain or workgroup
You can add a managed domain or workgroup to your deployment using the Patch Manager Administrator Console. When you are finished, add the credentials to access the resource.
- Log in to the SolarWinds Patch Manager Admin Console as an administrator.
In the Patch Manager menu, expand Patch Manager System Configuration and select Managed Enterprise.
- Click Management Group Wizard in the Actions pane.
- Click Next in the Management Group Wizard.
- Select Active Directory Domains or Workgroups, and then click Next.
- Enter a flat name in the Name field.
- Enter the fully qualified domain name (FQDN) in the DNS Domain Name field.
The remaining fields populate with the Active Directory domain information.
- Click Add Domain/Workgroup, and then click Next.
- Complete the wizard to add the domain or workgroup.
Add credentials to access the new domain
In the Patch Manager menu, select Security and User Management.
- Click Add Credential in the Actions pane.
- Enter a fully qualified user name (for example:
firstname.lastname@example.org) and password in the window, and click Save.
- Click the Credential Rings tab, and then double-click the <Default> credential ring.
In the Credential and Credential Rings Rules Wizard, click the User Name drop-down menu and select the user account to be managed by the new domain.
- Click Add, and then click Next.
- Click Add Rule, and then select Active Directory Domain or Workgroup.
- In the menu, select the network (such as Windows Network) that contains your domain.
In the center pane, select your domain and then click Add Selected.
The domain object moves to the bottom of the center pane.
- Click OK.
Select the credential used to create the credential rule, and then click OK.
- Complete the wizard.