Troubleshooting the upgrade
This section provides information about troubleshooting error messages, product licensing, and other issues that may occur after the upgrade.
- If you receive
HTTP status 401: Unauthorizederrors when trying to connect to a WSUS server from Patch Manager, see HTTP status 401 error when testing the WSUS connection to Patch Manager for troubleshooting.
- If you receive
Could not start the EminentWare Data Grid Server service on Local Computererror messages when launching the Patch Manager Web Console, see Troubleshoot Patch Manager error 1064 for troubleshooting.
- If a
Running version specific database script failederror displays during the upgrade, see Error when upgrading Patch Manager for troubleshooting.
- If an
Access Deniederror message displays when you connect Patch Manager to a remote computer, see Troubleshoot Access Denied errors in Patch Manager for troubleshooting.
- If you access a third-party update and an
Access Deniederror displays, the WSUS may have deleted the Users group from the Setup folder. See Access Denied error when accessing third-party updates for details.
- If an error displays when you launch the Patch Manager Administrator Console or run a task, see Error displays after upgrading Patch Manager.
- If a
Running version specific database script failederror displays in the Patch Manager Update Installation Wizard during the upgrade, see Error when upgrading Patch Manager.
- If you select the Export to Microsoft Access Database (*mdb) option when you export data from the Patch Manager console, you may need to install Microsoft Access® to export the database. See Unable to export Patch Manager data to a Microsoft Access database for details.
- If you cannot uninstall Microsoft Internet Explorer or any other Windows feature that was installed through WSUS, see Unable to uninstall Internet Explorer using WSUS for troubleshooting.
- If you cannot connect to Patch Manager using the remote console, you may have an issue with the EminientWare Data Grid Server (EWDGS) Service or a port 4092 connection. See Unable to connect to Patch Manager using a remote console for details.
- To change the account or password used for the Patch Manager Service, see Change the account or password used for the Patch Manager service for details.
- To add new update catalogs to the Patch Manager synchronization settings, see Add new update catalogs to Patch Manager for troubleshooting.
- If the Action menu is missing some selections, see How to install WSUS and SCCM Extension Packs in Patch Manager for troubleshooting.
- If you experience an issue you cannot resolve, run the Patch Manager Full Diagnostics utility before you contact support. See How to run Patch Manager Diagnostics and enable logging for details.