Uninstall Patch Manager
You may need to uninstall Patch Manager to resolve an issue, end your evaluation, or move the application to a new server during a migration.
To uninstall Patch Manager:
Deactivate your Patch Manager license. using the SolarWinds Licensing application or License Manager.
- Uninstall the application from the host server.
- If Patch Manager is integrated with the Orion Platform, uninstall Patch Manager Web Console from the Orion server.
Before you uninstall Patch Manager, be sure to deactivate your license. Otherwise, you can permanently lose your license during the uninstall procedure and not be able to reactivate the license on the host server or another server.
After you deactivate your license, you can install Patch Manager on another server and apply your license on that server. You can keep the previous installation on the old server so you can collect any information needed to recreate your tasks, as well as any additional items you need to mirror for the new server.
Deactivate using the SolarWinds Licensing application
- Log in to the server hosting Patch Manager.
- Click Start > SolarWinds > SolarWinds Licensing.
- Locate your Patch Manager license.
- Click Deactivate.
Deactivate using License Manager
If you cannot reset the license or if does not reset, contact Technical Support for assistance.
Log in to the server hosting Patch Manager.
- Click Start SolarWinds > License Manager.
- Select Patch Manager.
- Click Deactivate.
- Complete the deactivation wizard.
- Save the deactivation file to a separate directory.
- Log in to the Customer Portal.
- Click Licenses > License Management.
- Select your product license, and then click Deactivate license manually.
- On the Manage License Deactivation page, locate the deactivation file you created in License Manager.
- Click Upload.
- Log in to the host server as an administrator.
- Open Programs and Features in the Windows Control Panel.
SolarWinds Patch Manager <version> (x64)and select Uninstall.
Uninstall the supporting programs by right-clicking each program and selecting Uninstall:
Do not remove any Microsoft SQL CLR components.
- SolarWinds Collector
- SolarWinds Information Service
- SolarWinds Job Engine
- SolarWinds Orion Core Services
- SolarWinds Orion Improvement Program
- SolarWinds Orion Network Atlas
- SolarWinds Patch Manager Web Console
If your Patch Manager Eminentware database is on a local instance of SQL Server Express, go to step 5.
If your Patch Manager Eminentware database resides on another server, uninstall the additional components to remove SQL Server Express:
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Management Objects
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Native Client
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Setup Support Files
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Management Objects
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Browser
- Microsoft SQL Server VSS Writer
- Reboot the server.
If you integrated Patch Manager with the Orion Platform, uninstall the Patch Manager Web Console module from the Orion server.
Complete the following steps to remove only the Patch Manager Web Console from an Orion deployment, leaving all remaining Orion products installed.
- Log in to the Orion server.
- Open the Windows Control Panel and choose Uninstall or change a program.
Right-click SolarWinds Patch Manager and choose Uninstall.
The SolarWinds Configuration Wizard opens when the uninstall is complete.
- Complete the wizard.