(Optional) Create Automation Server routing rules
If you provisioned an additional Automation Server in your deployment, create routing rules to route managed tasks through the server to the resource.
Patch Manageruses Automation Server routing rules to manage which tasks are assigned to an Automation Server role. Routing rules assign tasks to a default pool that routes managed tasks to the next available Patch Manager server in the pool when the assigned server is not available. If you created additional Automation Server roles in the deployment, create routing rules to route managed tasks through the server to the resource.
See the Patch Manager Administrator Guide for details about scenarios that require additional Automation Server roles.
- Log in to the Patch Manager Administrator Console as an administrator.
- Expand Patch Manager System Configuration > Management Groups.
- Select Managed Enterprise.
- Click the Automation Server Routing Rules tab.
Select a routing rule action in the Actions column.
Rule type Routes managed computer tasks to.. Domain/Workgroup WSUS server in a domain or workgroup Organizational Unit WSUS server in an organizational unit Subnet WSUS server in another subnet WSUS Server WSUS server Computer A specific managed computer
Complete the Rule wizard.
- When prompted, select the Absolute Rule check box to ensure the tasks route only through the Automation Server. Otherwise, leave this check box clear.
The routing rule is configured.