Node status contributors
When calculating the enhanced node status, you can specify what components to be included in the status calculation.
This page is only relevant for Enhanced node status calculation. To enable it, click Settings > All Settings > Polling Settings, and select Enhanced for the Node Status Calculation.
Enable components to be reflected in the node status calculation. Available items depend on the Orion Platform products you have installed.
Available items might include for example:
- Custom pollers for nodes and interfaces.
- Thresholds (CPU Load, Percent Packet Loss, Memory Usage, Response Time)
- Hardware health options, such as category (status of fans, power supplies, or temperature in general), overall hardware status, hardware sensor status
- Interface status
- Virtualization components, such as the status of virtual hosts, VMware vCenters, or Virtual Machines.
- Volume status (starting with Orion Platform 2020.2)
For example, if you enable the CPU Load Threshold, the node status will change to warning when the CPU Load on the node reaches the usage specified as the CPU threshold.
SolarWinds recommends that you keep the default settings.