Configure table widgets for modern dashboards
This topic applies to all Orion Platform products.
Table widgets display data or information in a tidy grid format. You can use them on modern dashboards.
See the THWACK post on modern dashboards for an overview of the feature.
How to configure table widgets
- Specify the title and other details for the widget.
In Presentation, select sorting (optional) .
- Define data to be displayed.
- Configure what should be displayed in the first column: click Add new column.
- If you want to display more columns, repeat the previous step: click Add new column.
- Save Changes.
See Edit widgets for details on resizing widgets, changing widget position, or deleting widgets.
Step 1: Specify the title and other details for the widget
In Presentation, expand Title and description.
Provide the title and subtitle.
If you want to have a link with more details on the widget, provide it in the Widget link URL.
You can also provide a description that might help others to reuse the widget.
Step 2: Define the data to be displayed
Expand Data and Calculations.
Select Use the graphical query builder and click Edit.
Select the entity you want to display metrics for and click Next.
Drag columns that contain the raw data you want to see in the widget.
To display entities with specific values for one of the defined columns, click Add a filter and specify the values to be included.
See your current settings in the Model preview.
When you are satisfied with the preview, click Save model. Your settings are displayed in the data model and in the widget preview.
- Select Hand-edit a SWQL Query and click Edit.
- Copy the following query into the SWQL query field and click Save model.
SELECT TOP 25 COUNT(e.EventID) as value, t.Name as type
FROM Orion.Events e JOIN Orion.EventTypes t ON e.EventType = t.EventType
GROUP BY type ORDER BY value DESC
The scripts are not supported under any SolarWinds support program or service. The scripts are provided AS IS without warranty of any kind. SolarWinds further disclaims all warranties including, without limitation, any implied warranties of merchantability or of fitness for a particular purpose. The risk arising out of the use or performance of the scripts and documentation stays with you. In no event shall SolarWinds or anyone else involved in the creation, production, or delivery of the scripts be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of business profits, business interruption, loss of business information, or other pecuniary loss) arising out of the use of or inability to use the scripts or documentation.
Step 3: Specify a column for the table
- Click Add new column.
- Expand Description and provide the label for the column. You can also specify a fixed width for the column or hide the column.
- Expand Property and formatting and specify the format for displayed data:
Step 4: Add another column
- Repeat step 3 for each column you want to add to the table.
- When finished, save the changes.