Configure SolarWinds Service Desk to be integrated to the Orion Platform
This topic applies to all Orion Platform products.
- In the Orion Web Console, click Settings > All Settings, and then click Manage Alert Integration Instances in the Alerts & Reports section.
- On the Manage Alert Integration Instances page, click Add Instance > Service Desk.
- Provide a name for your Service Desk instance.
- Provide the token:
- Log in to your Service Desk Instance.
- Click the Settings icon in the top left and then click Setup.
- Click SolarWinds Interfaces > Orion.
Click + to create a new integration instance, and then click Create in the top right corner. This creates the connection. The connection is in the Awaiting Connection stage because it waits to be registered in your Orion Platform.
- Click Generate token and then click Copy Token.
- Ensure that the Enable switch in the top right corner is selected. The green color indicates that the integration is enabled.
- Go back to your Orion Platform and paste the token into the token field.
- Ensure that HTTP proxy settings are configured correctly.
Click Test Connection to find out whether the SSD instance can be reached from the Orion Platform, and then click Save.
When you save the configuration, you are redirected back to the Manage Alert Integration Instances page. The new integration is displayed in the list. You can now configure alerts to create new Service Desk incidents.
When you check the integration in your Service Desk, you can see that the state of the instance changed to Connected because it has been registered with your Orion Platform.