Options for upgrading scalability engines
After upgrading your primary Orion server, you must also upgrade any additional polling engines (APEs), additional Web servers (AWS), and high availability (HA) backup servers. The primary Orion server and all scalability engines must run the same version of the Orion Platform. The following options are available for upgrading scalability engines.
If you have upgraded your primary Orion server to Orion Platform 2018.4 or later, you can save time by performing a centralized upgrade to upgrade your scalability engines. When you start the centralized upgrade, the the Orion Deployment Wizard:
- Contacts all reachable scalability engines, performs preflight checks, and reports any issues.
Downloads the installer to all reachable scalability engines.
Starts the installer and upgrades the scalability engines in parallel. You can track the progress of all upgrades from the Orion Web Console.
For more information about performing a centralized upgrade for your scalability engines, see these instructions.
For information about centralized upgrades for your primary Orion server and your scalability engines, see this topic.
If centralized upgrades are not available to you, perform the following tasks to upgrade one or more scalability engines individually. For example, if a scalability engine is not reachable during a centralized upgrade, you can upgrade it individually after the issue is resolved.
- Upgrade your primary Orion server.
- Download the online installer from the Customer Portal or from either of the following locations in the Orion Web Console:
- Settings > All Settings > Details > Polling Engines
- Settings > All Settings > Product Specific Settings > Web Console Settings
To upgrade a scalability engine, the online installer does not require Internet access.
- Save the installer on each scalability engine.
Start the installer on each scalability engine and perform the upgrade.
You can run the upgrades in parallel.