Set up the default High Availability email for Orion Platform products
This topic applies to all Orion Platform products except for SolarWinds ETS.
The information you provide in the default email action is used to send email messages when there is a status change in an HA pool member, facility, or resource. This is also used as the default information for the Send an Email/Page alert action.
While the information in the default email action is used by default for all SolarWinds email notifications, High Availability-specific notifications are sent independent of the SolarWinds alerting service. When the SolarWinds alerting service or the database is down, you can still receive email notifications for failover events as long as there is a network connection available and your SMTP server is up.
- Click Settings > All Settings in the menu bar.
- Click Configure Default Send Email Action.
- Under the Default Recipients heading, provide the email addresses of all default recipients for any email alert action. For example:
firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
Separate email addresses with a semicolon.
- Provide the default sender and reply address.
- Enter the default SMTP server information.
Selecting SSL encryption automatically changes the SMTP port number to 465.